Friday, November 7, 2008

Nicolette's Reflections

Hi guys, here's some reflections i had this week, wanted to share with you guys in more detail and what God has shown me through this week, i hope that He worked in areas of your life this week & that His blessing and providence will always be upon you & your family :0)
God Bless
Nicolette

I had a very blessed and "emotional" encounter this week as I was heading to cell. My friday was really peaceful and blessed indeed as God had shown me alot of areas which I had been neglecting and taking for granted, I repented and I felt that "warm" sense of His presence that hugged me so greatly - Indeed, He IS:

Holy and Faithful
Saviour, and Friend
All I ever need

You are every question answered
You are every reason why
You are moving, you are still.
You Are.
(Part of the song "You Are" by Mike Roach)

Along the way to cell, I met a old lady in about her late 70's perhaps, She had went to collect cardboard boxes and all those miscellaneous items like most people I'd see in my area doing, but for some reason I felt a jerk as I stopped to look at her.

God popped a question in my head "How would Jesus react if He saw this old lady? Would He say "Oh no, I can't help her now. I have Cell" or "She'll be fine, God is with her"? Would He even take a step to PAUSE and think of what to do? Indeed no, He would just walk over to her and offer to help her, because He is Jesus, the Jesus we know." I knew I would be slightly late if I did walk over to help her, but it isn't about time, what you have to do, or what was important i realized. When someone was in need, a person in your life stepped in and helped you, He even died for you. That person was Jesus.

As i helped her carry the bags, train of thoughts started running in my head. She was limping, and couldn't walk very well, in slow and steady steps, she used a old shaky umbrella as her "walker" to keep her steady, each and every step she took sent a sharp pain in my heart. I felt like crying right there and than, it was aching pain in my heart, I couldn't bear to see her walk those steps.

She lived at the 7th story, she had to climb up a short flight of stairs, before steadily getting into the lift to get to the 5th floor, after than she still had to walk a route preceding to another staircase and walk up two flights of stairs, as I followed her, I felt intense pain and worry for her "Why was she staying so far up? with such inconvenience! What kind of horrible building is this?! It's so inconvenient for old people!" "Where was her family, her sons, her daughters, didn't they care about this lady here?" So much unjustified thoughts infiltrated my head.

When we finally reached her house, she thanked me, and she slowly stepped into her house. At that moment, I really wanted to forget everything i had, every appointment, every worry, i felt at that moment, the most important person i wanted to spend time with.

When I was walking to stairs, I was fighting back the tears that was held in my eyes. There was so many things that I had taken for granted, i had a house that was easily reached, i had hands and legs to guide me, i could change my clothes or throw away anything that was "old" or "broken". I was richly fortunate. I can't explain exactly how I feel inside, but i feel as if i don't deserve all of this. God showed me, and He said that He came down not for the fortunate or the wealthy, or people who were already well. He came for the sick, for the needy, for the poor, for the misfortunate.

For every person at the mrt, in the street, in orchard road, for every old man and woman, and begging child and needy person you saw overseas, Jesus came down for those people.

Sometimes, I felt "weird" whenever I was more compassionate than nessecary, or more giving in the way i do things. I wouldn't mind giving someone $10 to a random stranger who asked me for it, even if that meant i didn't have anything to eat. God showed me, that if it was Jesus, He might have even invited this complete stranger into His home to eat, to fellowship, and to start a friendship with the stranger. What more if it's just a small token of whatever I could afford? God works in amazing ways and today He worked and untied more knots in my heart than I could have ever undone myself.

:0)

Also! This verse spoked out greatly to me while I was doing my QT.

"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control" Proverbs 25:28.

Many times i'm not able to have such strong self control of my feelings, but what God spoke to me (or made me realise, and open my eyes) was that He was my wall, Jesus Christ, God, Him, He was my wall. My pillar of support, that LEANING grace that I could hold on to through all things.

Through all wars, difficulties, problems, and fears, His wall will stand firm and protect me. He is like the wall that surrounds me, protecting me from all evil, knowing that He is there, I have nothing or no one to fear of, and that wall cannot be broken, it cannot be shattered, or pulled down. No matter what happens, He always live in me for "Christ Jesus has crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires" (Galations 5:22-24, part of it).

I have been written clean! :0) And so have you.

Yup, thats my reflections. Ha ha sry it's a bit long!

XOXO
Nicolette

No comments: