Monday, June 11, 2007

What is God's word for you?

During the EJ288 Re-encounter, each of us was asked to seek God for a word for the 100k Challenge.

Since He is our Chief Commander, and He truly understands our hearts, He definitely knows what to give to us individually to encourage us personally.

This is what the Lord told me:

I who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 1:6)

100% God

And this was my response to God:

(i will) see to it
that i complete the work i have received
in the Lord.
(Colossians 4:17)

100% man

(Notice my own 'i' are in small letters)


Yes, it should always be:

100% God + 100% man



What is God's word for you?

Are you spending enough time with Him as you prepare yourself and your heart for the Challenge? If your answer is no, most probably you will end up relying on yourself and wearing yourself out during it.

We cannot afford to be passive.

Psalm 73:21-28
When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

Yet I am always with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and afterward You will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Those who are far from You will perish;
You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
I will tell of all Your deeds.

No comments: