Thursday, June 7, 2007

When your walk goes dry

i sought Amanda's permission to copy her post 'When your walk goes dry' from her minisermons blog (just added to blogroll). Go check out her treasures at that blog!

When i first read her 'secret' blog, i teared. Every word there showed me her heartfelt desire to grow in the Lord in and through all circumstances. She struggled, but clung on and grew deeper in Him. That is a true woman of God's strength.

Hard to believe she is only 15+ of age, and a 3-yr old Christian. Well praise God for transforming our lives! Aman dear, i am ultra supra dupra proud of you! =)

Mirabel

***

When your walk goes dry
15th May 2007
Recently i was very dry in my relationship with God that i soon gave up and let things be. I was only brought back as i confronted the problems i was having. And this blog too birthed out as i did not want to go back into the state of “dryness” and that i wanted to fully commit myself to God.

So far, this blog has been ‘forcing’ (i willingly let myself be forced) me to look onto God for revelations and to ask God and look unto Him for directions.

Many times we will experience dry parts of our life in seeking God and so be too caught up with everything around us too busy to look unto God and thinking that it doesn’t matter.

When i was in that state, i never pray. I just thought let me be, i can settle it myself don’t have to bother God. I’m too small for Him, too worthless. Why should he cares? Prayer have got no use to me at that time.

But of course that was totally off course. Of course He cares and He will answer the prayer i prayed as seen from Luke 18:1-8

1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’ “

6And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”


From this passage, the word that came to my mind was, persevere.

Even through everything that happened to me in my life, i still attended church and i really thank God for that. And through this, i was also brought back to God the creator.

When you are in a rough patch of your life, would you still continue praying and thanking God for everything? Would you continue to trust God when you’re down?

I thank God that He never let let me go as He had promised.

Deut 31:6-Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

This song really ministered to me and i pray that even for people who may be reading this, i pray that you can persevere and experience the goodness of God.


Through it All
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MDg2Fnr6KRE

Amanda






When your path becomes dry, keep your focus on the Sun (Son).

No comments: