Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Your Truest Self

It was not just inspirational to hear Ps Khong on Sunday. I heard the lion roar, awakening the souls in many of us who may have forgotten or felt weak to claim the victories God has for us this year!

i truly believe that THE BEST IS YET TO COME -for the church, for my ministry, for the lives of each of you dears, and for my personal life.

Moses - WINNING WHEN YOU ARE FEARFUL OR RELUCTANT
A. Overcome Past Experiences - Be Set Free!
B. Overcome Present Comfort - Begin to Grow!
C. Overcome Future Insecurities - Become the Best!

True, we have heard or known this for long. But most crucially are we practising these in our lives? Every step, every stage?

Today i thought i heard God tell me in follow-up from Sunday's sermon, in order to do A, B and C, i have to remember who i am.

Been reading and reflecting through John Eldredge's 'Waking the Dead', and this poem caught my heart

Then from on high - somewhere in the distance
There's a voice that calls - remember who you are
If you lose yourself - your courage soon will follow
So be strong tonight - remember who you are

(Gavin Greenaway and Trevor Horn, Sound the Bugle)

True enough, everytime i am distracted, feel dry or down for a moment, once i grab myself to remember who i am - i am God's daughter, i am God's, my heart is strengthened.

Then i know the past does NOT have to bind my feet, i have even the divine resources to push myself beyond my limits, and i can rest my already-decided future in the hands of God who gives the best!

Who are you? You are God's.
Remember who you are.

No comments: